ENGLISH REMEDIAL MID TERM TEST FOR GRADE X
A. Complete each sentences by using the right form of SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE of the verb in bracket. Look at the example:
Fajar is a diligent student. He always ____ (come) to school on time.
The answer is: comes
1. The earth _____ (go) around the sun.
2. My father and I often _____ (watch) soccer match at the stadium.
3. Students generally _____ (hate) homework .
4. We _____ (visit) our grandparents on vacation.
5. Melisa _____ (have) two brothers and one sister.
6. My class teacher always _____ (give) me clear explanation.
7. My brother _____ (want) to get a job after finishing his school.
8. Hospitals _____ (open ) for twenty four hours everyday.
9. Ari _____ (speak) politely to anybody.
10. It usually _____ (rain) much in January in tropical countries.
B. Write: are, am, is, do or does in each gaps to complete the sentences
1. Arif ____ not Sundanese, he can’t speak that language. 2.The teacher asked me, “_____ you OK?”
3. My friends ____ not in the classroom now, you can find them in the canteen.
4. How often ____ you go shopping?
5. ____ your parents speak English?
6. ____ your mother at home right now?
7. What ____ your hobby? Do you like travelling?
8. ____ Marry still angry with me?
9. My brother ____ not eat meat, he is a vegetarian.
10.Blue and green____ my favorit colors.
C. Complete each sentences with the right personal pronoun
1. Do you see my eraser? I put ____ here just now.
2. Rafdy and Rian are good in speaking English. ____ always practice it everyday.
3. I need scissors to cut the paper. Can you find ____ for me, please?
4. I can’t help you, Bob. You’ll have to solve your problem by _____.
5. I like Dina’s hair. ____ hair is long, curly and black.
6. I have a lot of work to do today, Can you help ___?
7. Diana is a tough girl. Don’t worry about her. She can handle everything by ___.
8. If you don’t bring your dictionary, you can use ____. I always bring it.
9. We’d like to invite you to come to ___ house this evening.
10. I never cheat in anykind of test. I always do it by ____.